Monday, May 11, 2009

Let's All Set Our Sights a Little Higher, Shall We?

"I love Jennifer Aniston," I heard the young college woman checking IDs at the gym say to her friend. "I want to look like her and I want to be her."

Other than acting on a popular sitcom and breaking up with Brad Pitt, what has this woman accomplished exactly to be a role model for this woman? I mean she has nice hair, I'll give her that. But other than that?

Do you know a recent poll said that more mothers would trust their children to the care of Jennifer Aniston (who has no kids) than to her arch enemy, Angelina Jolie? I think I would turn my kids over to a pack of wolves before leaving them with some narcissistic celebrity.

Do you know it costs about $53,000 a year to go to NYU? What on earth are young women learning in the classroom that they can't gravitate towards a more worthy role model?

I won't dispute that Jennifer's cute .... and wait ... that thing with John Mayer is over. Hmmmm ... think she ever comes to New York?

No comments: