Friday, July 3, 2009

My West Coast Trip Highlight #3: Waterfalls

There are some scenes in nature that you really have to see in person to appreciate. I think the waterfalls I saw in Washington and Oregon were like that. Narada Falls at Mount Ranier National Park was amazing. It's very easy to reach if you're visiting the park and driving around. (See video below.)




Perhaps more impressive were the Multnomah Falls in Oregon's Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area.

Columbia River Gorge from Vista House at Crown Point State Park.

Multnomah Falls is the second highest year-round waterfall in the U.S. -- the falls drop 620 feet from the origin point.




What was striking to me was how quickly I lost interest in the lesser waterfalls we saw along the way. I guess once you've seen the big falls everything else pales.

No comments: