Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My Westcoast Trip: Highlight #1 -- Seattle

Late afternoon at the Puget Sound

Just got back from my summer vacation to the Pacific Northwest with my lifelong friend, The Big Tasty. TBT and I began our trip in Seattle, a city I'd wanted to see for a long time. Seattle didn't disappoint, and it even offered a surprise: great weather. I did not know the city was built on all those steep hills. Some of them would give San Francisco a run for its money. The best part of my visit was the ferry ride I took with TBT and his friend Steve to West Seattle. The views were spectacular.


I'd also like to praise Seattle for its beautiful baseball park, Safeco Field. Not only is it a great place to watch a game, but the fans were clearly into it, unlike some places ... yes, Atlanta, I'm talking about you.

No comments: